• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 18 and the week following (NZPB)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 18 and the week following (BCP TEC USA)
who called your Church to bear witness
that you were in Christ reconciling the world to yourself:
help us to proclaim the good news of your love,
that all who hear it may be drawn to you;
through him who was lifted up on the cross,
and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
(13th Sunday after Trinity Common Worship CofE)
Momentum is growing for appreciation of our inherited Trinitarian collect tradition
A creation reading of the lectionary
The Exodus reading speaks of food and hunger and addresses having enough. Jonah addresses the variability of creation which is picked up in the Matthew reading where our working the land again leads to results that are not in proportion to our efforts. Philippians speaks of our physical life on this planet.
Drawn from Creation Season where you will find further resources.
Commentary on the Sunday reading from Waiapu Academy
You can share any comments as well as any resources, ideas, sermon-starters, children’s activities, hymns, prayers, etc. in the comments section below.
- Creation Season
- week starting September 11
- week starting September 25
- Week starting September 12
- week starting September 4