I’m honoured by Kirkepiscatoid with the “Superior Scribbler” award. Thanks!
The issue is, of course, I’ve got to choose five blogs to pass this honour on to. And I love you all dearly. And equally! So I’m looking for blogs that challenge me, inspire me, make me laugh, make me think. We don’t have to agree with each other – in fact I’m not looking for mirrors of myself – but even blogs that cause me to pause and think, “why do I believe this, or that?”…
Preludium: Mark Harris is a clear thinker. He has his finger on the pulse, and a marvellous turn of phrase.
Three minute theologian: My ministry in the non-digital world is primarily with teenagers. Here’s the primary liturgical principle with teenagers: it’s got to be short. Justin Lewis-Anthony brings it down to three minutes. You can get 6 TV advertisements into that time!
The Deacon’s Bench: Three cheers for our start to renewing the diaconate! Greg Kandra is thoughtful and inspiring. We need more blogging deacons.
What does the prayer really say: John Zuhlsdorf runs a site that is quoted in the latest scholarly book on collects (Appreciating the Collect)! There is no grey, no middle way. He ruthlessly attacks the translations used by English-speaking Roman Catholics for four decades, and produces translations that always sound… ummm… very Anglican 😉
Bishop Alan’s Blog: Thank God there are an increasing number of blogging bishops! Alan Wilson is irenic, thoughtful, challenging, inspiring, and funny. Good qualities for a bishop in or out of the blogsphere.
Here are the rules:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
- pope urges priests to blog
- ten commandments for bloggers?
- Lemonade Stand Award
- Slowing and Pausing Blogging
- Restarting Blogging