Let us pray (in silence) [that we may allow God to steer our lives]
Lord, [or O God]
may your ceaseless mercy
cleanse and defend your church,
and, since it cannot stand firm without you,
guide and govern it always by your goodness;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans but (except for those RCs using the Extraordinary Form) on different days. It has a long, shared history which you can find here: Ordinary 18.
- Resources 19th Ordinary – 9 August 2020
- Resources for 30th Ordinary – 25 October 2020
- Resources for 19th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources 20th Ordinary – 16 August 2020
- Resources for 28th Ordinary – 11 October 2020