Almighty everliving God, [or Compassionate God]
you are always more ready to hear than we to pray,
and to give more than we desire or deserve;
pour upon us the abundance of your mercy,
forgiving us those things
of which our conscience is afraid,
and giving us those things
for which our prayer dares not ask;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans and others – and on the same day! It has a long, shared history which you can find here with commentary and reflection: Ordinary 27. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
You can add your ideas and resources below.
- Resources for 27th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 28th Ordinary – 11 October 2020
- Resources for 30th Ordinary – 25 October 2020
- Resources for 32nd Ordinary – 8 November 2020
- Resources for Ordinary Week 30