Let us pray (in silence) [that we may rejoice in sharing in Christ’s resurrection]
in Christ’s humiliation,
you stooped down,
and raised up the fallen world in the resurrection,
grant to your faithful people a holy joy,
so that those whom you have freed
may delight in you eternally;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above prayer is used by Roman Catholics (on this coming Sunday), and is in the Sarum Missal – but does not appear to have continued into the Anglican tradition.
Click on this link to find my history, commentary, and reflection on this collect: Ordinary 14.
- Resources for 14th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources 15th Ordinary – 12 July 2020
- Resources 17th Ordinary – 26 July 2020
- Resources 12th Ordinary – 21 June 2020
- Resources for 17th Ordinary Sunday