Let us pray (in silence) [that we may love God in all things and above all things]
God, [or Gracious God or Living and gracious God]
you have prepared for those who love you
good things which no eye can see,
and which surpass our understanding;
pour into our hearts such longing for you,
loving you in all things and above all things,
may obtain your promises,
which exceed all that we can desire;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans on the same day. It has a long, shared history which you can find here: Ordinary 20. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
You can add other resources in the comments area.
- Resources for Week beginning 11 August
- Resources Week Starting 15 August
- Resources for 28th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 28th Ordinary – 11 October 2020
- Resources for Week Beginning 13 September