I am attempting my own version of the collects, and rework this week’s one as:
you declare your almighty power
above all by showing mercy and compassion;
grant us the fullness of your grace,
that we, who are running to obtain your promises,
may be partakers of your heavenly treasure;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God now and for ever.
It is shared by Roman Catholics, Anglicans, and others. Please send me any comments and constructive suggestions about my version of the collect, or include it in the comments section below. I’m quite happy with this one – I do wonder if those who take no time reading it aloud end up with “…your almighty power above all…”
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 25 and the week following (BCP TEC USA and also the Roman Catholic Church)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 25 and the week following (NZPB following the Prayer Book)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 25 and the week following (NZPB following the lectionary)
A creation reading of the lectionary
Exodus could lead in to a very effective reflection on issues relating to water, its use, abuse, shortage, problems,… Ezekiel points to everything belonging to God, we are caretakers of everything. This fits with the Matthew reading in which we co-operate with God in God’s work in creation. Philippians can lead to a reflection on incarnation, God takes on full humanity and is united to creation which is sacred and good.
Drawn from Creation Season where you will find further resources.
Commentary on the Sunday reading from Waiapu Academy
Please add ideas for sermons, hymns, Creation Season, etc.
- week starting September 11
- week starting September 18
- Creation Season
- week starting September 4
- Week starting October 23