Let us pray (in silence) [that God’s love strengthen us to do God’s will]
Almighty everliving God, [or God of holiness]
increase within us your gifts of faith, hope, and love,
and make us cherish what you command,
so that we may obtain what you promise;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans and others – and on the same day! It has a long, shared history which you can find here with commentary and reflection: Ordinary 30. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
- Resources for 28th Ordinary – 11 October 2020
- Resources for 27th Ordinary – 4 October 2020
- Resources for 32nd Ordinary – 8 November 2020
- Resources for 28th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 30th Ordinary Sunday