• collect/opening prayer reflection for July 24 and the week following (NZPB)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for July 24 and the week following (BCP TEC USA)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for July 24 and the week following (Common Worship CofE)
The NZ Lectionary designates this Sunday as Social Services Sunday and provides readings (but no collect). Again: I strongly suggest that the ecumenical, international readings not be abandoned for the sake of a thematic set of readings. Pick up the concept of Social Services by all means; do it in the prayers, hymns, sermon – but don’t abandon the normal RCL readings that we share around the world and ecumenically. If you cannot do that – you shouldn’t be preaching, leading a service, the prayers, or organising the hymns!
The NZ Lectionary also indicates July 24 begins Te wiki o te reo Maori, Maori Language Week. That, of course, is not correct. Te wiki o te reo Maori was from 4-10 July.
You can share any comments as well as any resources, ideas, sermon-starters, children’s activities, hymns, prayers, etc. in the comments section below.
- Resources for 17th Ordinary Sunday
- week starting July 31
- Week starting July 18
- Week starting July 4
- Resources for Week beginning 28 July