• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 11 and the week following (NZPB)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 11 and the week following (BCP TEC USA)
• collect/opening prayer reflection for September 11 and the week following (Common Worship CofE)
Momentum is growing for appreciation of our inherited Trinitarian collect tradition
A creation reading of the lectionary
The Exodus reading once again, like last week, is oozing with images drawn from creation: cloud, darkness, sea, wind, and fire. It highlights the force of nature and reminds us of devastation which may be due to human abuse of nature. Psalm 114 has wonderful poetic images about mountains, sea, earth, and rocks. Paul reminds us of the appropriateness of different attitudes to creation. And the Gospel challenges us to “pay it forward” – we are responsible for what future generations inherit.
Drawn from Creation Season where you will find further resources.
Commentary on the Sunday reading from Waiapu Academy
10 Year Anniversary of 9/11, 2001
You can share any comments as well as any resources, ideas, sermon-starters, children’s activities, hymns, prayers, etc. in the comments section below.
- week starting September 25
- week starting September 18
- week starting September 4
- Week starting October 3
- Week starting September 12