The video, of Pope Francis trying to pull his hand away and finally slapping her hand, went viral recently. It was turned into gifs and memes. We all know that Pope Francis has health issues – he looked to me like his hand was physically affected; but that is only conjecture on my part. The story of Pope Francis apologising the next day during his Angelus address did get some media traction. But I have only now read the story that he met specially with the woman a week later in what is called the “baciamano” (when selected people meet the Pope after a general audience). The Pope, in the general audience, spoke about Christ being able to bring good out of any circumstance – even an apparent failure. Wouldn’t it be great if this good-news story, not just the slapping video, also went viral.
- Pope Francis Illustrates Who Are God’s People
- Pope Francis’ Year of Mercy
- Archbishop Justin Meets Pope Francis
- Pope Francis Interprets Sign of Peace Rule
- Pleasures of food and sex are ‘simply divine’ – Pope Francis