Let us pray (in silence) [that we may love God in our hearts and in our actions]
Lord, [or God of compassion]
direct our hearts
by the action of your mercy,
for without your help
we cannot please you;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans and others. It has a long, shared history which you can find here with commentary and reflection: Ordinary 24. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
Many, at this time, celebrate Creation Season.
- Resources 24th Ordinary – 13 September 2020
- Resources for 28th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 26th Ordinary – 27 September 2020
- Resources for Ordinary Week 26
- Resources for 30th Ordinary Sunday