Let us pray (in silence) [to live in the freedom God gives us]
Almighty and most tender-hearted God, [or Compassionate God]
through your inexhaustible goodness,
keep us from all that may hurt us,
so that, ready in both mind and body,
we may, with free hearts, pursue your purpose;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans (but not necessarily on the same day). It has a long, shared history which you can find here with commentary and reflection: Ordinary 32. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
- Resources for Ordinary Week 32
- Resources for Ordinary Week 30
- Resources for Week beginning 27 October
- Resources for Week Beginning 13 September
- Resources for Ordinary Week 31