Let us pray (in silence) [that we may run to receive God’s gift of God’s divine life]
O God, [or God of heaven and earth]
you declare your almighty power
above all by showing mercy and compassion;
grant us the fullness of your grace,
that we, who are running to obtain your promises,
may be partakers of your heavenly treasure;
through Jesus Christ
who is alive with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.
The above ancient prayer is used by Roman Catholics and Episcopalians/Anglicans and others – and on the same day! It has a long, shared history which you can find here with commentary and reflection: Ordinary 26. The above is my rendering in my Book of Prayers in Common.
You can add your ideas and resources below.
- Resources for 28th Ordinary – 11 October 2020
- Resources for 28th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 30th Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 32nd Ordinary Sunday
- Resources for 24th Ordinary Sunday